There are plenty of different types of carpets out there, and each is suited to a different purpose. But while people often consider their décor when selecting carpet, it’s also important to consider your personality — which kind of carpet reflects who you are? What kind of carpet are you?
Take the quiz, then add up your score at the end!
- How do you feel about parties?
- Woo! Yeah! Party!
- Not my favorite thing — I can deal with small parties, but only if they’re indoors.
- I love parties with a theme! I want to make a costume!
- Black-tie parties only. And I’ll be disappointed without hors d’oeuvres.
- I will party literally anywhere, at any time, for any reason, even at inappropriate times. Especially at inappropriate times.
- What’s your hobby?
- Party! Woo!
- I like books and dark music.
- I can’t name just one!
- Tasting expensive wines and cheeses.
- Anything and everything! I have the attention span of a goldfish.
- What kind of movies do you prefer?
- Art-house dramas.
- Depends on mood — I like lots of different genres.
- Whatever my favorite film critics recommend.
- I’ll watch anything the moves on a screen and I’ll spoil the plot for everyone because I’ve probably already seen it.
- What kind of food do you like?
- Salty snack foods from a crinkly bag.
- Something I can make at home. I like to cook.
- I like to try new things all the time.
- Small plates of anything interesting, artfully presented.
- Eat all of the things!
- What’s your regular order at a coffee shop like?
- Cold brew with cream and sugar.
- Black coffee
- Herbal tea
- I want that thing from the secret menu that doesn’t actually exist. That, or a double soy half-caf skinny vanilla mochachino with chocolate drizzle and sprinkles. #TreatYoSelf
Add Up Your Score
Give yourself the following number of points according to the answer for each question:
- A = 1
- B = 2
- C = 3
- D = 4
- E = 5
Now add up your total and find its match in the following section!
What Am I?
- 5 Points: Nylon
- You love being around people and are comfortable in crowds. While partying is one of your favorite things to do, you can be a bit prickly at times, so you have to take care not to step on anyone’s toes.
- 6-10 Points: Olefin
- You avoid direct sunlight, but you’re no shut-in — you love going for a peaceful stroll in the rain, or in otherwise-overcast weather. You were a bit of goth in high school, but as an adult you’re kind, caring, and compassionate to those you trust.
- 11-15 Points: Polyester
- You’ve got a different style for every day of the week, and you pride yourself on your versatility. You’re no precious diva — you’re ready to adapt to wide variety of circumstances, and you usually pull it off.
- 16-20 Points: Acrylic
- You make an effort to look great wherever you go, but in a casual way — you want others to think you just naturally look put-together when you get out of bed. You love being out in the sun and have a great tan.
- 21-24 Points: Wool
- You wear a tailored suit or dress wherever you go, and you look good — so good, in fact, that passersby are vulnerable to whiplash from trying so hard to get an eyeful. This is a regular occurrence, whether you’re taking a casual stroll near the campus of Wheaton College or if you’re a classy establishment in downtown Chicago. You love the attention, just as you love the finer things in life.
- 25 Points: Shag
- Gregarious and full of life, you always make a statement, but sometimes inadvertently repel others with your boisterous nature. There’s no doubt that those who spend time with you are your true friends, but you’re not for everyone.
Russell Martin Carpet and Rugs has the Flooring of Your Dreams
Regardless of how you fared in our quiz, we encourage you to stop by our showroom and see what each material has to offer: look at your options, feel the carpet, and decide based on your senses. Everyone deserves a comfortable, appealing floor, and we’re here to help — just contact us online or visit us at 633 N. Washington St. in Naperville to get started.